This is a list of selected work about the housing bubble from 2002 (before it burst) to fall 2007 (as it was bursting) from the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
Dean Baker’s new paper, The Housing Bubble and the Great Recession: Ten Years Later, gives his perspective on the bubble in 2018. (See also this post critiquing the idea that the housing bubble wasn’t the cause of the financial crisis.)
- August 2002: The Run-Up in Home Prices: Is it Real or Is it Another Bubble?
- May 9, 2003: Bursting Bubbles: Why the Economy Will Go from Bad to Worse
- August 2003: Homeownership in a Bubble: The Fast Path to Poverty
- October 2003: An Analysis of The Harvard Center’s Case Against the Housing Bubble
- December 18, 2003: Who to Blame When the Next Bubble Bursts
- January 2004: The Housing Bubble in New England
- April 12, 2004: The Sequel to the Stock Market Bubble: the Housing Bubble
- May 17, 2004: Building on the Bubble
- May/June 2004: The Housing Bubble: A Time Bomb in Low-Income Communities?
- October 12, 2004: Overcoming the Bubble Economy
- June 2004: English Central Bank Warns of Housing Bubble — Greenspan Does Not Follow Lead
- July 2005: The Housing Bubble Fact Sheet
- September 2005: Is There a Housing Bubble?
- November 2005: Will a Bursting Bubble Trouble Bernanke?: The Evidence for a Housing Bubble
- March 30, 2006: The Menace of an Unchecked Housing Bubble
- June 2006: Is the Housing Bubble Collapsing? 10 Economic Indicators to Watch
- June 30, 2006: Fed Treading on Thin Ice as US Housing Bubble Weakens
- August 17, 2006: The Bursting of the Housing Bubble and the Coming Recession
- October 24, 2006: After the Housing Bubble Bursts
- February 2007: 2007 Housing Bubble Update: 10 Economic Indicators to Watch
- March 6, 2007: The Housing Bubble Starts to Burst
- September 4, 2007: The Dirty Toilet Principle: The Fed and the Housing Bubble,
- September 11, 2007: Recession Time! The Housing Bubble Bursts the Economy
- September 19, 2007: Alan Greenspan and His Bubbles
- October 2007: Interest Rate Policy In the United States: Fighting a Collapsing Bubble
- October 1, 2007: The Housing Bubble Pops